Become a Ref
To access information on the clinics, visit www.officiatingringette.ca/. If you are an existing official, you will have had to log into this page before, you will not need to create a new username. If you are looking to become a new official, you will need to create a profile. Please register to sign up for a clinic, keep in mind that clinics will be posted from August on, continuing to be posted as they come up.
**Please note that Ringette Alberta requires you to be 14 years of age by the date of the clinic if you are looking to become an new Official.**
Steps to become a new official:
- Contact your Referee in Chief (Jaclyn Newman - firstname.lastname@example.org) to register your interest and get more information.
- Create a profile on www.officiatingringette.ca.
- Complete an online E-Module about the basics of officiating!
- Register for a Level 1 clinic in your area.
- Complete payment via PayPal. Your association may reimburse you, ask your Referee in Chief.
- Attend the clinic, be ready to learn and participate!
- Complete the on-ice portion of the clinic, be sure to bring your whistle!! Acme Thunder’s are encouraged.
- Take the online exam.
- Contact your Referee in Chief to let them know you are finished your clinic. Ringette Alberta will send them a list of officials that have completed the clinics and are able to officiate, but this comes out after November 15th.
- Take some games, build some confidence, have some fun!! Don’t forget that along the line, every year you will need to get an evaluation, ask your Referee in Chief (and for more information visit the Evaluations and Upgrades page).